Average Time in Status doesn't populate graph

Rob Cormack August 8, 2017

I have an existing JIRA board used to manage customers in different stages of a process. I have added the custom field 'Time in status' to the project and included it in every screen for the project. I performed a full re-index of JIRA to ensure the field was active. 

I have created a JIRA dashboard that includes the 'Average Time in Status' gadget. I then created a new issue and moved it between screens to populate some data. I've left it a couple of days now just to be sure.

The problem is the graph doesn't show any information. Using the 'Where is my field?' function I have found that existing issues on the board have this error with the field value:

'The field 'Time in status' does not have value for issue SA-59 and will not be displayed on the view issue page. Set value for that field so that it shows up.'

Whereas new issues have tick accross the board. Is the problem that every issue on the board has to have a value to enable the graph? (i.e. the lack of a value in a single issue will break the calculation). Will i need to go through every issue and transition it back and forth to get a value in each? Or is there another field or dependancy I'm missing? 

1 answer

0 votes
Troy R Grover February 5, 2018

I am having the same issue.  Rob did you ever get an answer or figure this issue out?  My Average Time in Status gadget shows No Data Available, even though I have the custom field added and have done a full re-index.

Suggest an answer