Avatar's are not displayed in Safari or Chrome

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

We recently upgraded to v5.2.2. All custom avatar's display correctly in FireFox, but do not display in Safari or Chrome. I have verified the base URL and the <jira_home>data/avatar directory are correct.

3 answers

0 votes
Jari Kokkonen January 3, 2013

I can reproduce the same problem with our JIRA 5.2.3 installation too.

Additonally, I noticed that users are no longer able to edit their avatars in their profile summary page.
Using Chrome's Developer Tools view (CTRL+SHIFT+I) you can see that the browser gets stucked figuring out the size of the avatar.

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 1, 2013

I've seen something similar to this before -- it turned out that disabling antivirus on the client machine running the browser fixed this. Sounds crazy I know.

Jari Kokkonen January 3, 2013

I can reproduce the same problem with our JIRA 5.2.3 installation too.

Additonally, I noticed that users are no longer able to edit their avatars in their profile summary page.

0 votes
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

Check that the jira.home parameter in set correctly in the JIRA_INSTALL\WEB-INF\classes\jira-application.properties file to specify the data folder.

Can you verify that they are loading correctly by:

• editing a project
  • checking if custom avatars are shown in the Choose an Avatar pop-up in the Custom section

If that doesn't fix it, can you check your browser developer toolbar such as Firebug? Please check the network tab for all resource requests, I'm interested to see if they are actually downloaded or erroring out.

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 1, 2013

I have verified the following:

jira.home = /export/home/apps/local/jira/data/atlassian/application-data/jira

Along with the missing avatar's, my users can not use the 'Can't access my account' link. They can not set their passwords.

Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

Are you using any web server such as Apache or Nginx to act as reverse proxy??

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2013

We are not using Apache or Nginx. We do not have a reverse proxy set up.

Suggest an answer