Autowatch at Component or Project Level

Hi all. Is there any way (either built-in or plugin) that would enable someone to autowatch issues based on either Project or Component? And when I say "autowatch", I don't mean for those that have either created, commented, or edited an issue (like the new feature in 5.x). I mean to automatically get added to the watchers list when a bug is created, commented, and/or edited even if that person didn't do the actual creating or editing. As a manager, it's very helpful to watch a specific component and be notified immediately of any new issues or updates to existing ones without having to manually add myself as a watcher to every bug.

I've tried to get around this by creating a subscription that looks for any new or changed bugs in the last 15 minutes. The problem with this is that the email only tells me what bug is new or changed -- not the diff or contents of the change.

Does this make sense?

1 answer

1 accepted

Totally missed this. I think this is exactly what I'm looking for. I think ideally it could be done by each user but having the admin do it is almost as good.

What are the options if I'm using the ondemand version not supported by this plugin?

I know this is an old discussion, but in case anyone ends up here looking for a Cloud-compatible version of this, there's a free add-on called "JIRA Autowatch" available in the marketplace. Some of the reviews indicate it's not working for some people, but I'm currently using it and it seems to be working fine, aside from the fact that the JQL rules apply globally, not at a project level (contrary to what's stated in the docs).

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.addon.connect.jiraautowatch/cloud/overview

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

64 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you