Autotransition is no longer working after an upgrade

Topher October 18, 2016

Previously we were running JIRA 6.3.15 with the latest compatible versions of JJupin and katl-commons installed. We have recently upgraded to JIRA 7.1.9 and updated JJupin and katl-commons to 3.1.7. Our auto transitions now no longer work and we have not made any changes to the workflows or SIL scripts after the update.

Within the logs I receive the following errors where I believe the autotransition to be failing:

2016-10-18 14:40:06,476 http-nio-8080-exec-14 ERROR christopher_l 880x1304x1 lba8xy 127.0.0.1 /secure/CommentAssignIssue.jspa [c.k.j.c.ivm.postactions.TransitionPostAction] Validation failed (validation). Autotransition not executed. Reasons follow.
2016-10-18 14:40:06,476 http-nio-8080-exec-14 ERROR christopher_l 880x1304x1 lba8xy 127.0.0.1 /secure/CommentAssignIssue.jspa [c.k.j.c.ivm.postactions.TransitionPostAction] Error:resolution Message:The selected resolution cannot be chosen during this action.

When running JIRA 6.3.15 the autotransitions worked fine even with the validators in place. I have even tried to remove the validators in the workflow but I still get those same two errors in the logs.

3 answers

0 votes
Dario Diez Tobia December 14, 2020

I have the same problem, I have three consecutive autotransition. The first one works properly but the second one does not. I get the same error message in the logs.

I typed 'true' in the parameters in order to avoid conditions, validators, etc. Also, I checked the transition properties, the transition does not have properties.

Unfortunately, it is still failing even changed the name of the transition to ID transition.

Could you please help me? This issue seems to be here for a long time but there is no a workaround yet.

Thank you in advance.

Dario

0 votes
carerix April 27, 2017

I had the same issue, thanks to Christophers comment I found it. 

Is this change intentional? How is it supposed to work? I had the problem even with listed resolutions.

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

Please check whether there is any workflow properties set in the transition.

Else, have you used any scripts for the post function or validation? If so, make sure the methods and classes are not deprecated for the latest release.

Topher October 19, 2016

There was a transition property set: jira.field.resolution.include.

After removing the transition property the autotransition worked. The transition property did not cause any issues when we were on our previous version of JIRA and JJupin.

Is this new functionality intended? If so, is there a workaround? We would like to keep that transition property in place if possible in case a specific item needs to be closed out manually.

Suggest an answer