Autosearch of same values

Stas January 15, 2015

Hi! I'm using JIRA 6.3.9

Is there any way to find same field values while viewing issue?

For example:

User created issue with customfield "passport id" and value "555" (it can be any number)

And if JIRA has issue with same passport id value i need to know it, while looking at issue.

I found nice plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.deniz.jira.similarissues

But it does not counts customfield values.

Maybe there is an other option like autolinking or somrthing else?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

None of the existing fields will do it. Not sure if there is an existing plugin that does it but it wouldn't be hard to do.

We recently developed a plugin that prevents duplicate entries and the error message lists all the tickets that has the same value. This would be even easier than that because it doesn't need any validation but only display issues with the same value on the 'view' template.

Stas January 15, 2015

Thanks! But I am not a developer. Can you please show me plugin you wrote about?

Stas January 15, 2015

And also you said that it wouldn't be hard to do. Can I order your team development or something like that?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

You can reach out to sales at go2group dot com :)

Suggest an answer