Automation to create releases versions in project A based of versions in Project B & Project C

Vineet Kotian - admin May 16, 2024

I need an Automation rule to execute below actions:

1. Whenever a release version is added in Project B or project C, I want them to be added as a release version in Project A automatically with the same name and dates and status. 
2. Whenever a release version is released in Project B or project C, I want them to be updated in Project A automatically 

2 answers

0 votes
Vineet Kotian - admin May 16, 2024

@Rudy Holtkamp Thanks for your response.

Could you also share the image to show how the "if condition" was used? 

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2024

@Vineet Kotian - admin , sure here it is:image.png

Vineet Kotian - admin May 17, 2024

@Rudy Holtkamp Thanks for sharing. For some reason I am getting "No Action performed". Here is my Automation.

If Condition_1.pngCreate Version.pngRule Details.png

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2024

You should probably escape the ( and ) in the regex of the condition

But it might be easier to use as first value:

{{version.project.key}}

And then as second value:

PLR|CNR

(If that indeed are the project keys)

Vineet_Kotian May 20, 2024

If Condition_2.png

@Rudy Holtkamp I am afraid the same result. I am wondering why the project where I want the release to be added shows nothing in the audit log whereas the project from where I want to pick up the release shows "No Actions performed"?Audit Log_DLXISSUES.pngAudit Log_CNR.png

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2024

@Vineet Kotian - admin , @Vineet_Kotian 

Did you create the rule in the global scope? If a project is not in scope you will not receive data from it. Since the audit log says no action performed, this is probably it.

image.png

Vineet Kotian - admin May 21, 2024

@Rudy Holtkamp I have created this rule under 'Multiple Projects" Scope and the project which says No Actions performed is included under the Projects List. I am referring to the CNR project. 

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2024

What does it say in the audit log, in the show more section?

Vineet Kotian - admin May 21, 2024

For CNR project,
Under Action Details: "No Actions were performed"
Under
Associated items: "None" 

For DLXISSUES project,
Under Action Details: "Automation rule was edited"
Under
Associated items: "My user name" 

0 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2024

Hi @Vineet Kotian - admin ,

You can do this with the following automation rule

image.png

image.png

And you need to create it as a global rule and select the multiple projects scope with the three projects (here Alpha2, Alpha3 & Alpha5.

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events