Automation rule to update the duedate for all the linked issues based on the blocked by issue

V-Guard R_D Elec_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2024

Hi Team,
I want change the duedate of all the linked issues when I change the duedate of the issue which blocks the linked issues. Kindly request your support to create a jira automation for the same. 
Example: if the blocked by duedate is updated to plus 3 das, the all the linked issues due date needs to be updated to plus 3 days.

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

@V-Guard R_D Elec_ , Welcome to the Atlassian Communitu!

You can do this by creating a rule similar to this:

Trigger: Field Value Changed > Field: Due Date

Condition (optional): If it contains an issue link of type Blocks or Is blocked By

Branch: For linked issues

Action (inside branch): Edit issue > Due Date > Set to copy value from Trigger Issue

Screenshot_173.png

This way let's say you have a Story and this Story has 3 Tasks associated by 'Blocks' type. When you change Due date field from Story the same value will be copied for the Tasks related.

You can find more examples from rules like this in our Automation Playground | Atlassian.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Fernando

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders