It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation rule to create Jira Software issue with custom fields

Hi.

In specific transition in service desk, I want to create a linked jira software issue with custom fields i.e. in a ticket I've got fields "Steps to reproduce" etc. I want to clone that values to new issue from service desk to jira software.

In automation rule, I'm able to fill that fileds statically. Are there available some variables like $(sourceissue.stepstoreproduce) or something?

I've got also a Deep Clone plugin - maybe this can be used in some way in automation?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Maciej,

I hope you are having a nice day.

Unfortunately, JIRA Service Desk automation does not provide you with the functionality to reference the source values of the trigger issue in custom fields. We have a feature request to implement this functionality here:

Add more variables to THEN automation rules

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

That been said, there are some add-ons that can give you this option for now. The one I recommend is Automation for JIRA where you can reference Smart values to copy fields from one issue to another. 

To achieve it, you could configure a simple rule like below:

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 15.57.44.png

Let me know if this information helps.

Thank you. I ordered Automation for Jira plugin already and I’m waiting to try that tool 

You are welcome, Maciej.

Let me know if you face any questions while configuring the plugin.

Additionally, here's some documentation if you would like to know more about Smart values and other features of the Automation Add-on:

Automation for JIRA Documentation

Regards.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published Apr 09, 2019 in Portfolio for Jira

Portfolio for Jira 3.0 is here!

The wait is over... Portfolio for Jira Server and Data Center 3.0 is now officially here! Platform releases offer Atlassian an opportunity to shift our strategy, make bold predictions about t...

1,642 views 14 26
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you