Automation rule stopped applying transitions

Louis Johanet May 2, 2017

I am using several Automation rules running every minute to auto-transition issues based on a JQL Query. They all used to work, but some suddenly stopped transitioning issues.

Although the rules are enabled, and although the JQL query returns several results, the transition is not applied to these results. The transition is available in the current workflow state of the issues returned. The user executing the transition has maximum permissions in the project.

Disabling and enabling the rules seems to fix the issue... temporarily (thus it is not a permission issue).

I don't see any errors in the Jira logfile.

Why would transition available in the workflow not be applied to issues returned by a JQL query ?

1 answer

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2017

Hey Louis,

Can you raise a support request please via https://codebarrel.io/support

Can you include:

• screenshots of your rule, audit log and the issue history tab of an issue that failed to transition
  • which versions of JIRA and Automation for JIRA you have installed

Cheers,

Andreas

Louis Johanet May 4, 2017

Hi Andreas,

I just sent as much information as I had on the issue to the provided support e-mail.

Thank you very much !

Regards,

Louis

Suggest an answer