Automation rule failed

Anastasiia Shevchenko October 14, 2020

Hi,

Could you please help to understand what is the reason for failing the automation rule? 

Here is the log:

Action details:

Issue condition

The following issues passed: IS-773, IS-774

Edit issue

No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project): IS-773, IS-774
Found multiple fields with the same name and type: .Severity (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:select)

I have checked and all these issues have the 'Severity' field.

1 answer

1 vote
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2020

Hi @Anastasiia Shevchenko ,

Welcome to the community. 

It seems that you have more that one field that is named severity.

So the rule don't know which one to update.

So you'll have to check your custom fields and rename the fields, so that there is only one severity left.

Olga Shprygova October 15, 2020

Hi @Bastian Stehmann . I'm facing the same issue, and Severity field is unique in my project. Does it have to be unique through the company? 

Like joao.galvao likes this
Anastasiia Shevchenko October 15, 2020

Thank you, Bastian! 
I have renamed one field and rule passed. 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2020

@Olga Shprygova ,

Yes, the field must be unique in the whole site.

@Anastasiia Shevchenko ,great to hear that.

joao.galvao November 30, 2021

Same here.

In our case, a new Service Management project automatically created a new custom field named Severity and associated that field with 2 of the screens in this new project. 

We had to change that screen associations to the original "Severity" field and, after all was re-associated, delete that new custom field created by that new project.

Thank you for your comments, because they definitely helped to find the issue, and I hope this helps someone who faces the same behavior.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events