Automation plugin for flagging stale/inactive issues

Angelos February 12, 2014

I have installed the Automation Plugin yesterday and I am trying to specifically flag an issue that is Resolved but not Closed and hasn't been updated for more than a week and add a comment on it so that the reporter progresses with it.

The comments are added succsfully, however I have tried the following flagging methods and non works:

1. Add a label "system-notified-stale" by setting an edit issue action to
    labels=system-notified-stale
    Result: The system replaces all labels with the specified label
  2. Create a custom checkbox field and try to set the checkbox by setting the action to cf[10800]=Stale OR "Checkbox Name"=Stale OR cf[10800]=10400
    Result: Nothing get's set
  3. Create a drop down field and try to set it in the same way as the checkbox
    Result: Nothing get's set

Is there anyone that can shed some light as to how I can succesfully set something to flag an issue using the Automation plugin?

If I didn't see a blog post on it, I wouldn't have even tried it as it's not yet fullt finished, but I would expect the basics to work.

This is important as I have already written a groovy script that is almost ready to do what I want, but the plugin sounds to me a bit more maintainable if it ends up being supported by Atlassian.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matej K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2014

In JIRA Automation Plugin v. 1.1.5 we've introduced "Edit labels" action, which does not clobber existing labels but allows you to add/remove label. This might help you with the solution 1. from your list. Hope this helps.

Angelos May 19, 2014

Thanks Matej, I noticed that too but I haven't tried it as I went with the alternative solution of using the custom field.

1 vote
Angelos February 26, 2014

The way I resolved that at the end was by creating a drop down field and set the value in the following way: customfield_10900 = 10901

Annoyingly however when this run it has changed the original estimate of all matched issues to '0 minutes' according to the activity stream of the relevant project.

Suggest an answer