Automation of Jira Configuration post installation

Venkateshwar_Aynala June 27, 2017

Hello,

We are trying to automate the process where we download and install Jira in Linux. We have been able to do this until the point of bringing up the application by following below link.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/unattended-installation-855475683.html

But we also want to automate the next steps as well where we configure Jira to connect to the custom database and LDAP configuration. We could not find any documentation to help us out with this. Could you please quickly suggest?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2017

Hi Venkateshwar,

Here is a link to an article titled Automating Atlassian Application Setup Wizards with Python and Mechanize that may help.  It doesn't have a portion for LDAP that I could find but it does show a MySQL db setup.

Also, take a look at these Communities posts that may provide some additional clues as far as how to accomplish this:

Automating Jira Installation without going through the wizard

Fully automated installation/configuration of JIRA

Cheers,

Branden

Venkateshwar_Aynala June 28, 2017

Thanks a bunch Branden for that info. The link which suggests using Python script along with Mechanize is the option that I was looking for and it certainly is what I was looking for.

Cheers

Venkateshwar

David Sretenovic April 3, 2019

Hi guys,

Would either of you happen to have the scripts you're talking about, and are able to share?

Regards,

David

Suggest an answer