Automation jira cloud

Derek Visch April 22, 2016

We are trying to do some, seemingly basic but obviously not, automation in jira. Specifically we'd like to transition an issue to something like "Ask for update from Client" or "Pending BA" after x days of an issue being in the "Pending Customer" status. Is there any way to do this with JIRA cloud. It seems like all of the great plugins are available on JIRA Server, but not cloud sad 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2016

Are you using JIRA Service Desk and the automation rules? You can do this with a combination of SLAs and automation rules.

Set up an SLA with a goal of X days. Configure the SLA to start when you go into the state "Pending Customer". Set up the automation rule to trigger when the SLA is breached with an action to transition the issue to the next status.

I am not aware of any way to do this in JIRA Software / Core. You may be able to do it from an external script. For example you might be able to use the JIRA CLI plugin from Bob Swift to create a script that runs on a schedule and transitions all issues that have not been updated in x days.

Chris 

0 votes
Derek Visch April 25, 2016

Thanks for your answer, looks perfect. I'll try to get this to work with Service Desk instead but the JIRA CLI Plugin looks nice as well.

I'll give this a shot, I think the automation rules will do what we need. laugh

Suggest an answer