Automation for JIRA : " No matching transitions could be found for issues "

I created some rules using "Automation for JIRA" , lite version, at Cloud JIRA Helpdesk.

This is one of them:

-------------------------------------------------

When: Scheduled JQL search

Searches with:
project = MY_PROJECT AND status in ("Status_example_1", "Status_example_2") AND (labels in (EXAMPLE_LABEL))
every 7 Days

Log action
Then: Add value to the audit Log

{{now}} - {{issue.fields}}

And: Transition the issue to: FINAL_STATUS

--------------------------

Both cases Status_example_1 and Status_example_2 have transitions going  at the same FINAL_STATUS

If I press "run rule", it effectively finds the Issues I want to work with (as I can see at the log).

But at the end, nothing happens and the log goes:

No matching transitions could be found for issues  (and then the list of found issues)

The Add-on actor has the permissions needed (there is a condition at the post function: just some roles allowed to make those transitions, and the actor has the role)

I am missing anything?

Thank you very much indeed.

1 answer

1 accepted

I answer myself:

It is mandatory to specify the reg.exp. for the transition (???!!!)

In my case it worked (for both transitions implied in my workflow, "Accept" and "Approve" ):

(.*ccept.*)|(.*pprove.*)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,269 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot