Automation for JIRA: Count the number of checked Items

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

Really excited about the new Jira Work Management tool, and I am doing a POC for our professional services team to manage the various projects we are working on with our clients. 

I am looking for a way to automate a status change based on the number of "Risks" that have been identified. I have a Checkbox selection (1) and if the count of the number of check boxes is 2 or greater, I would like to automate the status change.

Does anyone know how, in automation for jira, to return the number of checked values

POC for PS.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

Never mind. Found the answer right after I posted this. Automation rules - JIRA 2021-04-30 12-22-49.png

This was the smart tag I was looking for: {{issue.customfield_11564.size()}}

Dmitry Tsygankov February 28, 2023

God bless you! I've spent 4 hours just to make it work before finding your post.

Suggest an answer