Automation ensure that all of the issues in a spint are in the same state

Pablo Salvado June 15, 2022

Hello, everyone! I'm new to this community, and I'm just getting started with Jira.

I'm curious whether there's a way to ensure that all of the issues in a spint are in the same state. I wanted to ensure that all of the User Stories in a sprint were discussed and validated by the entire team prior to the sprint starting.

Thanks in advance.

Pablito

1 answer

0 votes
David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2022

Hi @Pablo Salvado

This should be achievable via Automation by creating a rule which:

• Triggers on Schedule or Manually.
  • Uses a JQL to grab the User Stories.
  • Loop through the results (User Stories)
    • Check if the Status is different than you want.
    • In case is different you can send to Log the value of the issue key so you know which of the Issues is not align to the state you want.

In case you don't know what state they need to be on, you can do several things, like using a SmartValue and use it in the loop so you can check if the issues correspond with the same value.

Please note that these is a separate process from Starting the Sprint, this validation is to be run manually so it gives you a clear view if you are "valid" to start the sprint.

Also, if you have a plugin called ScriptRunner, you will be able to create a script that does what you require. (Although developer skills would be needed)

Hopefully this answers your question,

Regards,

David
ServiceRocket

Pablo Salvado June 16, 2022

Hello @David Freitez Thank you very much for your response. You've been quite helpful, but I'll have to look into it further because I'm not sure how to put this answer into action.

It seems obvious that this is possible.

Warm regards

Pablito.

David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2022

Hi @Pablo Salvado

Indeed is possible, I described the general steps since I don't know any insights of your project set up.  If you are willing to give it a try and encounter any issues, just add it in a comment of this answer and I'll be able to help you.

Regards,

David
ServiceRocket

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders