Automation: Transition on Comment - User type: Requester

Klaus Fröhlich June 22, 2017

In ServiceDesk I try to use Automation to change the status of a request if the requester itself makes a comment.

Scenario:

• Customer makes a request
  • Agent needs more information -> set to "Waiting for customer" and write a public comment with the questions
  • Customer makes a comment
  • Automatic switch back to "Waiting for support"

Currently I have only two possibilities:

• Switch back on any comment - not working because it will come back immediately if I put it to "Waiting for customer" and make a comment
  • Switch back if "User is not agent" - works as long as "normal" customers make a request, if an agent is the requester it will not work anymore

An additional problem is, that it will switch back also on comments of other people (participants, viewers).

I'm now trying to find a solution where the automation rule only switches if the requester is creating a comment. The best way would be if the "User type" condition contains "Requester" but this seems to be system internal stuff and cannot be changed by me.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2017

Hi Klaus,

A similar question was asked some time ago and one recommendation was to use the Auto Transition Listener in the JIRA Toolkit Plugin.

Take a look at that and see if it works for you.  If you're running a Cloud instance it's already pre-installed and you can contact the Cloud team and they can enable it for you!

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer