Automation: Execute action only once for all JQL results

Anastasia Cora (anco) May 10, 2019

I have a scheduled automation (in Automation for Jira Plugin).

Trigger:

- Cron Expression: 0 0 5 1/1 * ? * (At 05:00:00am, every day starting on the 1st, every month)

- JQL: "Organizations = null" (results in multiple tasks)

Action:

- Send Mail: Mail should contain a list of all results in the previously executed JQL query. My approach:

<ul>
{{#issues}}
<li>{{key}} - {{summary}}</li>
{{/}}
</ul>

The problem is that it sends out n Mails for all results of the JQL query, but I actually only want 1 E-Mail with the complete list of all results. How can I do this?

PS: I also tried using my JQL query as condition and not in the trigger configuration itself, but this is not possible because an Error pops up when publishing: 

The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. You need to use the option to run JQL to provide issues. The following components require issues: JQL condition

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

2 votes
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2019

Hi

Try set checkbox 'Process all issues produced by this trigger in bulk'

res.PNG

B.R.

Anastasia Cora (anco) May 15, 2019

Hi 

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately I do not have this option:

image.png

I suppose you are using the server version and maybe I do not have this option because we are using the cloud version. 

Best Regards

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2019

Hi,

Could You please check version of the plugin automation and jira?

Administration -> Addons-> manage addons.

B.R.

Anastasia Cora (anco) May 21, 2019

Hi,

Our Version is: 1.3.1-AC
fyi: I found it under "Manage Apps", maybe also because it's cloud version.

Best Regards

Emiel Popelier March 20, 2020

Is there any update/solution on this? I am still looking for this.

Like # people like this
Etienne Choquette May 26, 2020

Anyone?

Like # people like this
Samuel Mosley June 1, 2020

Still waiting on this too.

Automation for Jira Version:1.4.1-AC

Like # people like this
Kimmo Leppänen December 2, 2020

There is now "Lookup issues" action, which collects issues by JQL. Then you can use tag {{lookupIssues}} ( or in loop {{#lookupIssues}} ) as a smart value in other actions i.e. "Send email".

Like Ryan Poulier likes this
1 vote
nagisha.vasudev July 14, 2021

Hi, I am not able to find the check-box.

Any reason for this? Is Admin rights required for this or do I have to install any plug-in?

Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer