Automating state change from the results of a query subscription

I want to be able to define a query that I can run on a regular basis like a subscription to a filter. I want to take all of the issues and change their state, like you can with the bulk change capability. I can do all of this manually in JIRA but I want to automate this process so the query runs at specified intervals and then the states of the issues returned from the query are updated automatically. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Escalation

That takes a filter, runs it, and then attempts to do something to each issue returned. The examples given are "comment" and "move through workflow" - you need the second (workflow move = status change)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

125 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you