Automating JIRA Issues acknowledgement process

arun kumar December 1, 2014

Hi

I would like to know is there a way to trigger calls automatically from JIRA whenever an issue has been raised.The sole purpose of this process is to make sure that any issue being raised by an end user will automatically trigger a call to a specific number thereby the person would be able to acknowledge the issue instantaneously.

Also i would like to know is it possible to automate a predefined text message to acknowledge the issues which are being raised through JIRA.

Thanks,

Arun

1 answer

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2014

Hi Arun,

You could possibly use webhooks in JIRA with a third-party client for the phone call and SMS. I know Zapier can provide this functionality too:

I hope this helps! smile

arun kumar December 8, 2014

Hi Matheus,

Thanks for your reply,it did help me a lot.

I came to know about a plugin called service desk which would help in setting up auto replies to newly created issues in JIRA.

Could you please let me know about any other options which can do the same.

Thanks,

Arun

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2014

Arun, To automatically add comments to newly created issues you could possibly use the JIRA Automation Plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugin.automation.jira-automation-plugin

Suggest an answer