Automaticaly label/group tickets during creation

Jesse Barr March 29, 2016

Hi All,

We have recently started using JIRA service desk as a way to manage and resolve issues found within products we sell from different product ranges. I would like to find a way to group tickets into their individual product groups as a way to keep track of how many issues each product range is having, and so far the best/only way I have found to do this is by adding labels manually to tickets.

I was hoping someone might have found a way to have tickets automatically grouped/labelled during the creation process so the customer can choose which product range they are referring to, hopefully this will save our agents some time and work.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2016

If you are using labels, just add the "label" field in the Create screen so that it will be presented in the users when they create a new issue.

Moreover, I suggest using JIRA Components for this one. It's more flexible and has more information and it suits what you need. Not like labels, it has a fixed number of item lists with leads and description where as values on labels are just arbitrary values and users can just put any string they want.

Reference: http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/11/organize-jira-issues-subcomponents/

Suggest an answer