Automatically reject all sub-tasks if parent task is rejected.

Michely Balbino May 7, 2013

I wonder if there is the option to configure so that all sub-tasks are opened automatically if the pending parent is rejected.

5 answers

0 votes
Michely Balbino May 9, 2013

Oh Thank you! I will wait ...

0 votes

I installed the plugin, but other options appeared in the Post Functions.

See the attached image!

Oh Thank you! I will wait ...

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2013

Hi Michely,

I had a plugin that does exactly what you are looking for. Give me a few hours I will see if I can find it.

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2013

Sorry Michely. What I have was only to set the resolution of the subtasks. But I do remember what we did so here are a few points I can share with you. If this suits your needs, you can let me know and I can help you out with some code pointers.

Our goal was to resolve the sub-task as Won't fix whenever a parent issue was Rejected. You cannot simply update the sub-task status to "Closed" or any state you like as you have to go through a workflow transition using IssueService.

So we made a Resolved transition available in each of our steps of our sub-task workflow.

We could then write a plugin to transition the sub-tasks through "Resolved" transition and set the resolution to "Won't fix".

Did that make sense? So basically, each step in your sub-task workflow should have a "Resolved" status or a "Reject" status so when your parent sub-task is rejected, the sub-task no matter in which state it is in, will have the "Resolved" or "Reject" transition available and we can use IssueService to move it through that transition using some code.

0 votes

Posted 2 days ago a answer to you:

"Hi Michely,

default option in JIRA don't have this post-function, but i found some plugin that helping you in this case:

http://minyaa.com/documentation/3.1/Features/ModuleWorkflows/WorkflowFunctions/TransitionSubtasksFunction.html

Thanks."

I read anteriorly, but not found citing no plugin to install.

The option in the Post-function does not exist for me, "Transition subtasks"!

Do you understand?

Hi Michely,

this is the plugin: http://minyaa.com/documentation/3.1/Installation/Compatibilities.html

and this plugin will enable the post-function that i mentioned.

Thanks.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

I installed the plugin, enter the script but did not work = /

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2013

Could you show us the script you used? On which transition did you add the post-function? Are there any exceptions in the logs?

0 votes

Hi Michely,

default option in JIRA don't have this post-function, but i found some plugin that helping you in this case:

http://minyaa.com/documentation/3.1/Features/ModuleWorkflows/WorkflowFunctions/TransitionSubtasksFunction.html

Thanks.

Did you try the plugin i mentioned?

Have not seen any plugin that has recommended. In my Jira not appear to Post-function: "Transition subtasks" !!!

Suggest an answer