Automatically reject all sub-tasks if parent task is rejected.

I wonder if there is the option to configure so that all sub-tasks are opened automatically if the pending parent is rejected.

5 answers

Hi Michely,

default option in JIRA don't have this post-function, but i found some plugin that helping you in this case:

http://minyaa.com/documentation/3.1/Features/ModuleWorkflows/WorkflowFunctions/TransitionSubtasksFunction.html

Thanks.

Did you try the plugin i mentioned?

Have not seen any plugin that has recommended. In my Jira not appear to Post-function: "Transition subtasks" !!!

I installed the plugin, enter the script but did not work = /

Could you show us the script you used? On which transition did you add the post-function? Are there any exceptions in the logs?

Posted 2 days ago a answer to you:

"Hi Michely,

default option in JIRA don't have this post-function, but i found some plugin that helping you in this case:

http://minyaa.com/documentation/3.1/Features/ModuleWorkflows/WorkflowFunctions/TransitionSubtasksFunction.html

Thanks."

I read anteriorly, but not found citing no plugin to install.

The option in the Post-function does not exist for me, "Transition subtasks"!

Do you understand?

Hi Michely,

this is the plugin: http://minyaa.com/documentation/3.1/Installation/Compatibilities.html

and this plugin will enable the post-function that i mentioned.

Thanks.

I installed the plugin, but other options appeared in the Post Functions.

See the attached image!

Oh Thank you! I will wait ...

Hi Michely,

I had a plugin that does exactly what you are looking for. Give me a few hours I will see if I can find it.

Sorry Michely. What I have was only to set the resolution of the subtasks. But I do remember what we did so here are a few points I can share with you. If this suits your needs, you can let me know and I can help you out with some code pointers.

Our goal was to resolve the sub-task as Won't fix whenever a parent issue was Rejected. You cannot simply update the sub-task status to "Closed" or any state you like as you have to go through a workflow transition using IssueService.

So we made a Resolved transition available in each of our steps of our sub-task workflow.

We could then write a plugin to transition the sub-tasks through "Resolved" transition and set the resolution to "Won't fix".

Did that make sense? So basically, each step in your sub-task workflow should have a "Resolved" status or a "Reject" status so when your parent sub-task is rejected, the sub-task no matter in which state it is in, will have the "Resolved" or "Reject" transition available and we can use IssueService to move it through that transition using some code.

Oh Thank you! I will wait ...

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

58 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you