Automatically record a date?

Steve Truong February 3, 2015

Hi Guys,

We are using JIRA on demand and would like to some how record a date of when a story moves into a particular status(s). This is actually to track cycle time, and we know that it logs it down in the history but we need to export a single date of when the story was moved into play (as opposed to created)

any ideas and thoughts would much be appreciated!!

3 answers

0 votes
Steve Truong February 5, 2015

Anyone facing a similar problem to this?

0 votes
Steve Truong February 4, 2015

I couldn't attach a screen dump, but this was the drop down list i was referring too... it does not display any custom fields, just generic JIRA issue fields.

PostFunction.png

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

Hi Steve,

You can add custom date fields and fill them during transitions. You can auto populate the fileds via JavaScript or use JIRA Suite Utilities plugin (it's preinstalled on my ondemand JIRA): https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=310378700#

Steve Truong February 4, 2015

Hi Volodymyr, thanks for the response... i followed those instructions but it looks like there are only a number of fields available in the drop down list, none of which are Custom Fields... do you know how i get the custom fields to appear in that drop down list?

Suggest an answer