Automatically populate reporter?

SS June 18, 2017

On issue creation I want to automatically populate the reporter with a specific person (i.e. not the person creating the issue), is there any way to do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Niasha November 24, 2019

any  answer about this ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2019

Sorry, that reply from SS fell through the cracks! 

The reporter was removed as it was letting people set individuals, who then left the project or company (and reporter really should be the person reporting the issue, not something set automatically).

It is better to use either a field for the person entering the issue, or an automation or script to set the reporter to something more clever than "a fixed person who may have left" if you need to.

Like Niasha likes this
Niasha November 26, 2019

Thanks

I have added another filed so manager could get notifications 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2017

There's a post-function for "set field" which will enable you to set a specific user as the reporter on issue creation.

SS June 19, 2017

We're on the cloud version, the only option like this seems to be 'Update Issue Field', but Reporter isn't listed as an option.

Any ideas as to why this might be?

Like Niasha likes this

Suggest an answer