It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automatically populate reporter?

On issue creation I want to automatically populate the reporter with a specific person (i.e. not the person creating the issue), is there any way to do this?

2 answers

0 votes

There's a post-function for "set field" which will enable you to set a specific user as the reporter on issue creation.

We're on the cloud version, the only option like this seems to be 'Update Issue Field', but Reporter isn't listed as an option.

Any ideas as to why this might be?

Like Niasha likes this

any  answer about this ?

Sorry, that reply from SS fell through the cracks! 

The reporter was removed as it was letting people set individuals, who then left the project or company (and reporter really should be the person reporting the issue, not something set automatically).

It is better to use either a field for the person entering the issue, or an automation or script to set the reporter to something more clever than "a fixed person who may have left" if you need to.

Like Niasha likes this

Thanks

I have added another filed so manager could get notifications 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you