Automatically plan time using tempo?

Deleted user September 25, 2011

The plan time feature of tempo is good, but the drawback is, i need to plan my time manually (I need to click on plan time and enter hours manually there).

Is there a way that this can be automatically filled? I mean to calculate the estimate time from the issues that are assigned to me and add that as planned time for me for the period of the sprint that this issue is assigned to?

This can reduce a lot of overhead on the team and can also give project managers a realistic view of planned vs logged hours for the team.

8 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petur Agustsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2011

Hi, this can be done with Tempo 6.3 it will display availble time for planning, then with a Team Gadget you can display planned time vs logged.

Deleted user October 3, 2011

Thanks for the reply Petur.

We are running on JIRA Studio and it currently runs Tempo 6.2.7.1. Is there a way to figure out, if this will be upgraded in the next JIRA Studio update?

Could you also provide me a link so that I can see what are the new features in Tempo 6.3 and how do they work?

Deleted user October 3, 2011

Hi Petur,

I just went through the description of this feature on your website. As I understood, It still needs to be manually entered (the plan time). Although, it will show the available time during this step. Right?

What we are looking for is, if an issue is assigned to a user, then his planned time for the sprint period be filled with that many hours and the available hours be reduced by the same number. Is this possible?

Viðar Svansson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2011

Not yet but we want to make the planning more intelligent and automatic. Hopefully we will be there soon.

0 votes
Lesia Biloshytska June 5, 2018

Hi

its been some time since the last update on this topic.

As a project and team manager I would really appriciate if estimated tikets assigned to amployees in sprints - will apper in planning for duration of sprints, showing planned hours for each person.

is there any way to avoid double work - Sprints Planning and Resource Planning?

0 votes
LongN November 12, 2016

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/tr.com.obss.plugin.jira-auto-planner-plugin/server/pricing

this is the answer, unfortunately, it's not free. Can't understand why this is not a built-in feature in TEMPO

0 votes
Hannes Schreyer July 10, 2014

Hey, please update on this issue, as I have to make an decision to buy this plugin in the next days.

Is it possible to implement it without using jira agile?

0 votes
STRG. Admin October 15, 2013

Hi!

What is the status of this issue?

0 votes
Workether June 20, 2013

Hi guys,

Are there any updates about this? It will really good to auto-plan time with the estimated time of the issues.

Thanks.

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2013

We are working on supporting this in Tempo Planner. Issue for progress is here: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TP-4

0 votes
B December 11, 2012

Hi.

Has that been taken into consideration?

Will it be released soon?

The overhead of having to capture and plan twice (Sprint planning and tempo planning later) for each task isn't ideal... moreover, if a task completion time exceeds the estimation, the update isn't done automatically either... or I can't find which is the option I have to change for tempo to do that without human interaction.

Any clues?

Thanks

Bruno

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2013

Hi, please see my comment to Angel Molina.

0 votes
Deleted user October 1, 2011

Is there any possibility of this happening? This can make or add real value to the reports my management wants to look at...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events