Automatically open ticket to a specific tab, based on status

Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2014

Is there any way (presumably in a post-transition function) to make a ticket automatically open to a certain tab? For example, I have an issue type with a "Design" tab, an "Implementation" and a "Testing" tab. This type also has transitions which correspond to those tabs. So, when a user transitions the ticket from Design to Implementation (and assigns it to some developer), I'd like it if, when that developer opens the ticket, it automatically opens to the Implementation tab. (In other words, the Implementation tab would become the default every time the ticket opens, until a user transitions the ticket into the Design status.)

(This is not just about minor convenence. In our particular case, there are a lot of similar fields on the various tabs, so it is easy for a user to inadvertantly start typing in the Design Details field rather than the Implementation Details field.)

1 answer

1 vote
Mike Sorensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2014

I don't know if JIRA could do what you're asking, my guess is 'no'.

What I would look into is one of the plugins that make fields read-only based on transitions. Then you could make the Design Details field(s) read-only if the user is supposed to work on the Implementation Details fields and visa versa.

Suggest an answer