Automatically go to Get Customer Approval in the Workflow when opened

Deleted user December 1, 2016

I am trying to create a Workflow in Jira.  Currently the workflow goes from Open to Get Customer Approval.  How can I get it to go straight to Customer Approval without anyone clicking on Get Customer Approval so basically the issue will be opened and then automatically go to Get Customer Approval?

Thank you,

Fen Marie Carlson

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2016

Fen,

It would be helpful to see an image of your workflow. However, it seems to me from what you have conveyed, is that you should simply remove the "Open" status. In this way when an request is created it will transition to "Get Customer Approval".

Deleted user December 1, 2016

Hi Jack,

Thanks for responding.  Attached is my workflow.  There is no option to remove Open.  If I can remove Open, how do you have the workflow go from creating an issue to Get Customer Approval?

Thank you,

Fen Marie CarlsonWorkflow.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2016

when you say removing Open is not an option do you mean you wish to retain or that you have tried and cannot? If you wish for "Get Supervisor's Approval" to the be initial status of all newly created requests then that should be the initial status attached to the create transition. If however, you want to retain the initial status as Open but for certain request you wish to auto-transition them to GSA status then let's discuss the conditions under which this is desired so we can resolve.

To remove Open you will need to make a copy of the current active workflow. edit the new inactive one then switch to the new workflow. when you try to publish you will prompted as to what you want to do with issues in the Open status. You should select the GSA status in the drop down.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events