Automatically filled values

SHANAVASH MOHAMED October 30, 2017

Hi there,

I am searching a solution for my problem:

In JIRA, I am trying to configure a custom field that way, that it is automatically filled with a provided value, when in another field a specific value is chosen...

Example: In custom field "A" (Start Date )a specific (current) Date is chosen . Custom field "B"(End Date ) now should be filled automatically with 10 working days responsible  chosen in field "A"

Any idea, if this can be done?

Thanks

shajan

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

There's a couple of ways you might want to approach this, and I'm not sure which one you want.

You've mentioned a "default" value.  This suggests that you want to put a field on the create screen for the user to fill in, but instead of being left blank, it is pre-filled with a value that depends on the current content of another field.  To do that, you will need to inject javascript into the create issue screen to catch changes in the source field, and calculate the target field, and then allow the user to change the target before creating the issue.  You might be able to do that with the "Behaviours" module of script runner or another add-on, or hacking your own js in there, but it's not going to be pretty.

The other option is to calculate the field and not let the user change it.  You have a couple of options there.  Gaston's answer covers calculating the value on every change in a custom field, but you could also use a scripted field to display the calculated value.  Again, you'd need ScriptRunner or a similar add-on to provide it.

SHANAVASH MOHAMED May 3, 2018

I found some solution for power script plugin .

I have shred the youtube link for End date automatically updated in Create an issue with +10 working days

URL : https://youtu.be/YQkLeGxoa0A?t=272

I hide the  “DAY”  Custom-field for => Create issue, Edit issue and View issue Screens,

harshahebbalebrillio June 21, 2018

it's very useful for me thanks @SHANAVASH MOHAMED

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2017

Shajan,

You can try with an script listener of scriptrunner to catch the issue edit event and update the field you need.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.1.8/jira/listeners.html#_custom_listeners

SHANAVASH MOHAMED May 3, 2018

I found some solution for power script plugin .

I have shred the youtube link for End date automatically updated in Create an issue with +10 working days

URL : https://youtu.be/YQkLeGxoa0A?t=272

I hide the  “DAY”  Custom-field for => Create issue, Edit issue and View issue Screens,

harshahebbalebrillio June 21, 2018

Suggest an answer