Automatically creating a sub-task on status transition - Jira Cloud

Billy Michael March 8, 2016

Hello,

I am using JIRA Cloud and would like to be able to create issues on status transition. Is there any solutions to this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Rusi Popov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016
Billy Michael March 8, 2016

Sorry if i am misunderstanding but i'm unsure how these posts help?

Rusi Popov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

There the suggested approach is to have a dedicated custom workflow for (here: user story) issue, that instantiates (see the workflow post-functions) the needed sub-tasks either in the initial transition or during some/each transition in it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2016

I don't think Rusi has noticed the "Cloud" tag on the question.

As far as I know, there are no add-ons available to Cloud that will create sub-tasks during post-functions.

Rusi Popov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2016

yes, obviously sad

Suggest an answer