Automatically add direct link to parent task within subtask

Kian Pariwar November 16, 2016

Hi all,

I was wondering about the available out of the box options for quickly accessing parent tasks within a sub task.

I know that I could use ScriptRunner to place the issuekey of the parent task into a custom field within the sub task.

But is there really no other way to do this with JIRA without costly add-ons?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2016

You could click on the title line, where the parent is shown?

sorry, I left out one important info:

I track parent tasks on BoardA and Sub Tasks on BoardB, i.e. I do not have the possibility to click on the parent issuekey on BoardB.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2016

Ah, right.  You'll need the costly add-ons to do that.  Or change the way you use the board.  I'd put the subtasks onto BoardA, and then just add a quickfilter for "issuetype in standardIsssueTypes()" - you'll be able to see everything in one place, and toggle the sub-tasks on and off.

true, also thought about that. I will test it with the team and hope for the best.

Thanks for the advice...

Suggest an answer