Automatically add a comment to jira issue

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2014

Hi All

I want to automatically add a  pre-defined comment to JIRA issue whenever certain transitions are performed in the workflow.

Is it possible to configure it within the workflow?

What are my options available?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2014

You can use the JIRA automation plugin to do this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2014

Or the script runner if you're on Server

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2014
Like Dougal McRae likes this
Helen Ahlberg May 5, 2021

Automatically add a comment to jira issue

how can I do this via script runner? Jira server v8.5.0

0 votes
Eric Bergeron October 13, 2022

This does not answer the need if multiple transitions exist between two Statuses. 

Example: 
Ticket is on state "Pending approval", 2 transitions exist to bring the ticket back to "In progress". One transition is 'Accepted', the other 'Denied'. 

I'd like to have different comments added depening on the transition branch chosen. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2022

I'm not sure this will get you much, as the question is 8 years old.

Maybe ask a new question with a description of what problem you are trying to solve?  You'll get a wider audience and some more up-to-date info.

Like Eric Bergeron likes this

Suggest an answer