Automatically Log/Display time spent on an issue by a user.

M_ F_ Ghani August 1, 2020

I'm trying to develop a plugin which automatically logs time spent by a user on a particular issue and displays all the times spent by any users for each issue. My plugin should start the time as soon as any user clicks the edit button and stops when he/she updates the changes. This time should be added to the times previously spent by that user and displayed. Can i get any leads on which tutorials to follow? and which particular api functions would be of interest?

1 answer

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2020

Hi @M_ F_ Ghani 

Why edit button? Do you expect users keep the edit screen open for long time while they are working on the issue? Why not use transitions? In that case you can calculate the time difference between transition from the Change History Manager. Along with who did that transition.

Ravi

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2020

And many edits happen using the inline edit I think. not the Edit button

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer