Automatically Assign issues from a user to a specific user

Abs Chamali June 19, 2014

Hi,

At the moment i use a user called "Repoter" for all the issues that are generated via feedback form. At the moment, any issues created are automaticly assigned to the Project lead. However, i want to set this up so that the issues are assigned to a specific user?

This just means that I can review the feeback from users and make sure they are acted upon etc..

2 answers

0 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2014

Hi,

You can use the post function, "Update Issue Field" or "Copy value from other field", on create issue transition to assign the issue to specific user.

Vijay.

Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2014

Yes I agree Jobin, it was my assumption by reading the description that it has to be assigned to single user.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2014

Yes, this will work if you only have to assign this to a single user. For a moment I thought the issue should be assigned to different users based on a field selected on the form.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2014

The best you can do I think is to assign it to project lead or the respective component leads (I haven't tried setting components through issue collector but I think it is possible). OnDemand instance wouldn't let you configure any other rules.

Suggest an answer