Automatical reassign issue to previous Agent?

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2017

Hey there,

I am using the Jira Servicedesk. Our customers can only see the Customer Portal and have no ability to assign their issues back to an agent.

Is there a possibility to auto assign the previous agent who already worked on the issue when a specific status is triggered by the customer?

In my Workflows I already added "assign to reporter" to some of the transitions, but I could not find anything similar for the agent.

Thank you in anticipation.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2017

Hello there.

At first I want to ask you, why are you assigning it to reporter?

Customers should use the portal, where they can communicate (or trough email) and there is no need to change the assignee of the ticket. Agent then can have the issue assigneed to him for all time and inform user only by changing the status of the ticket (i.e. "Waiting for Costumer" and "Waiting for Support") and adding its comment. It is possible to add the transition on comment, so when customer add a comment, status is changed to "Waiting for Support" for example.

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2017

Hello,

good call. The reason for changing the assignee is that our agents know if it is their turn to operate or not. By now we have just very easy worflows where this is not getting clear. But you are right, we may solve this better by adding more meaningful statuses to the workflows.

Thanks for your input!

MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2017

Thanks a I am glad I could help you.

Have a nice day.

Kamill March 16, 2018

Hi Support, 

Question: Reporter assign incident. Agent A attended with information, but required other Agent (B) to support. By right Agent A assign to Agent B, unfortunately the ticket still at Agent A after assigned. 

Suggest an answer