Automatic transition Trigger bypasses the Post Function to assign to a user

Deleted user June 6, 2019

It appears that my Post Function rule in the workflow is not working because the status transition was not manually done from Jira. Automatic transition is configured as well in the workflow via Triggers.

I have a Post Function on a transition to assign to a custom field after user transitions issue from Jira. This is working if done manually in Jira.

jiraworkflowpostfunction.jpgOn the same workflow transition, I added a Trigger to transition the issue when an action is made from Bitbucket.

jiraworkflowtrigger.jpgThe problem is that the Developer custom field is not being filled in when the transition is done via Bitbucket or Bamboo (for deployments).

Per issue history, the action was done by automation.

jirahistory.jpgI want to be able to fill in the Developer field with the user value who did the action from Bitbucket or Bamboo. Is this possible?

Note that the Jira/Bitbucket/Bamboo integration is setup and working.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 7, 2019

Probably, currentUser is not mapping correctly when this transition is fired by a trigger.
Please, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver079/configuring-workflow-triggers-950288801.html#Configuringworkflowtriggers-usermapping to learn how a development tool user is mapped to a JIRA user.

Hope this help.

Deleted user February 4, 2020

A bit late, but thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events