Automatic synchronization of custom field

Michele January 12, 2017

Hi, 

I need to automatically synchronize the same custom field between different types of linked issues.

Any ideas using a free JIRA plugin?

Thanks,

Michele

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2017

I think you need to define "synchronise", as there's a couple of questions about this.

Do you mean "copy values"?

You also ask about "between different types of linked issues".  Field data lives on issues themselves, not type or link, so I'm a little confused about the actual goal here.

I don't think there's any free add-ons to do any of the cases I'm thinking it might be though.  If you could help me understand what I've missed, there might be something, but my instincts are that you're going to need one of the flexible add-ons, probably not a free one.

Michele January 13, 2017

Hi Nic,

when I wrote "synchronise" I wanted to mean "copy values" of custom fields (for example from Epic to linked "User Stories").

Thanks for replying,

Michele

Michele January 17, 2017

Hi Nic,

I'm using scriptrunner to do what I need.

The problem is that when the custom field value changes I'm able to catch what was the previous value, but not the current selected value.

Could you help me?

Thanks,

Michele

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2017

Where is your code running?  A listener or post function will have access to both old and new values for any changed fields.

Michele January 18, 2017

Hi,

I'm using a Scriptrunner listener to perform synchronization.

Suggest an answer