Automatic status chance of an issue to "done" if all sub-issues are "done"

Stefan November 25, 2019

Hi,

is it possible to automatically chance the status of an issue (task) to "done" if all sub-issues (subtasks) have the status "done"?

Regards
Stefan

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravya Mutyala {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2019

Hi @Stefan ,

With the help of Automation for Jira app you will be able to configure your requirement and please find below sample rule for your reference.

2019-11-26_13-26-38.png

Hope the information helps.

--Ravya

Stefan November 26, 2019

Thank you! We will take a look at the "Automation for Jira app"

Stefan November 26, 2019

One more question: Is this possible with the "lite" version of Jira Automation?

Ravya Mutyala {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2019

I guess "lite" version might not be useful for this scenario as we gave time interval as 5 mins in the setup(refer above screenshot). Using lite version we can only trigger 300 events in a month. So depending on that we need to customize the automation rules.

If you feel that the answer is useful, please accept it. so that it might be useful for other :)

--Ravya

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2019

Do you have to set this rule up for each project?  Or can it be done globally?

Thanks...

Stefan November 26, 2019

@Ravya Mutyala {Appfire} 
I accepted your first answer. Thanks also for the information about the lite version

@pete.singleton 
Not sure if you are asking me or Ravya ... But right now we would only have exactly 1 project where we want to have this automation.

In the other projects it is not necessary, but I guess if the setting would be globally for all projects, it would do no harm / wouldn't cause any problem.

Suggest an answer