• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automatic status chance of an issue to "done" if all sub-issues are "done"

Hi,

is it possible to automatically chance the status of an issue (task) to "done" if all sub-issues (subtasks) have the status "done"?

Regards
Stefan

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi @Stefan ,

With the help of Automation for Jira app you will be able to configure your requirement and please find below sample rule for your reference.

2019-11-26_13-26-38.png

Hope the information helps.

--Ravya

Thank you! We will take a look at the "Automation for Jira app"

One more question: Is this possible with the "lite" version of Jira Automation?

I guess "lite" version might not be useful for this scenario as we gave time interval as 5 mins in the setup(refer above screenshot). Using lite version we can only trigger 300 events in a month. So depending on that we need to customize the automation rules.

If you feel that the answer is useful, please accept it. so that it might be useful for other :)

--Ravya

Do you have to set this rule up for each project?  Or can it be done globally?

Thanks...

@Ravya Mutyala _Appfire_ 
I accepted your first answer. Thanks also for the information about the lite version

@Pete Singleton 
Not sure if you are asking me or Ravya ... But right now we would only have exactly 1 project where we want to have this automation.

In the other projects it is not necessary, but I guess if the setting would be globally for all projects, it would do no harm / wouldn't cause any problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you