Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automatic messages in Microsoft Teams

Hello,

We are migrating from Slack to Microsoft Teams, and attempting to re-create all of the great functionality that we currently have in Slack. One of the features we love is the automatic messages we receive in Slack whenever a Jira ticket is added or modified. How can we configure the same action to occur in Teams? Thank you!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

@j7r8 There is a Team's plugin that you can use to integrate Jira Cloud with. It is a free plugin available from Marketplace. There are various Jira events that can be configured to be pushed to Teams.

Thank you for the information! Do you have any guidance on how to utilize this plugin? Do I have to be an administrator, or have any special permissions to set this up for my team? Or is it on a user-by-user basis? I haven't had chance to explore this yet.

@j7r8 To use Microsoft Teams Jira connector, you need to have admin privilege. There is complete documentation available on how to do this integration.

Microsoft Teams for JIRA

Like j7r8 likes this

Interested in learning why you guys decided to move away from slack. We are in same boat but all the good integration keeps engineers keeps binding with slack. If you have detailed study done, I would appreciate it. 

thanks

No detail study that I am aware of, though if I find one I will share it (if I can). Mostly it was a business decision to align the engineers with the same tool used by the rest of the company. Not a popular decision, but not one we have control over either.

Is there a similar plugin to integrate with WhatsApp, Google Hangouts?

@j7r8 you could try Microsoft Teams Jira Connector also, the App has:

- personal notifications

- team level notifications configurable on global and project levels

- Microsoft Teams Bot with tab and actions

And many other things - feel free to explore it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you