Automatic messages in Microsoft Teams

j7r8 May 27, 2021

Hello,

We are migrating from Slack to Microsoft Teams, and attempting to re-create all of the great functionality that we currently have in Slack. One of the features we love is the automatic messages we receive in Slack whenever a Jira ticket is added or modified. How can we configure the same action to occur in Teams? Thank you!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vishal Biyani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

@j7r8 There is a Team's plugin that you can use to integrate Jira Cloud with. It is a free plugin available from Marketplace. There are various Jira events that can be configured to be pushed to Teams.

j7r8 May 27, 2021

Thank you for the information! Do you have any guidance on how to utilize this plugin? Do I have to be an administrator, or have any special permissions to set this up for my team? Or is it on a user-by-user basis? I haven't had chance to explore this yet.

Vishal Biyani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

@j7r8 To use Microsoft Teams Jira connector, you need to have admin privilege. There is complete documentation available on how to do this integration.

Microsoft Teams for JIRA

Like j7r8 likes this
0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2021

@j7r8 you could try Microsoft Teams Jira Connector also, the App has:

- personal notifications

- team level notifications configurable on global and project levels

- Microsoft Teams Bot with tab and actions

And many other things - feel free to explore it.

0 votes
Ramanna Sathyanarayana May 27, 2021

Is there a similar plugin to integrate with WhatsApp, Google Hangouts?

0 votes
Deleted user May 27, 2021

Interested in learning why you guys decided to move away from slack. We are in same boat but all the good integration keeps engineers keeps binding with slack. If you have detailed study done, I would appreciate it. 

thanks

j7r8 May 28, 2021

No detail study that I am aware of, though if I find one I will share it (if I can). Mostly it was a business decision to align the engineers with the same tool used by the rest of the company. Not a popular decision, but not one we have control over either.

Suggest an answer