Automatic hints when raise an issue - how to?

Rumceisz October 15, 2013

Hi All,

we'd like to implement this feature: when starting to write an issue summary there will be show up some similar issues/hints. Exactly like here in this forum or in Atlassian Support.

Is it possible to introduce it in our JIRA? We have a system helpdesk project with 10000+ issues.

Thanks in advance,

Rumi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2013

I'd also take a long look at Jira Service desk, as it has this feature off-the-shelf as well as other stuff I think you might find useful from your other questions!

what do you mean?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2013

A lot of people try to use Jira as a helpdesk or service desk and get quite close, but not quite as close as they'd like. Atlassian have been working on a system that meets many of the needs of a Service Desk.

One of the things this new product does is suggest links to documentation and answers as people start typing a new service request in.

A couple of your other questions seemed to me to be suggesting that you'd like some of the other features in there as well (meta status, and simplified entry for users were the two that sprung out), but I might well be projecting my own thoughts on how it could be used on to your questions (in which case, I apologise)

Have a look at https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk if you think you might be interested in it.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

third party plugin is there, you can try that

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.suggestimate

thanks for the hint!

Suggest an answer