Automatic assign an issue when changing status

Claudio De Pace January 14, 2014

I'm using Jira Agile OnDemand and I have a sprint board with for columns. I would like all the issue transitioned from "In Progress" to "QA" to be automatically assigned to a specific user. Is that possible?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2014

Yes, you can add the "Update Issue Field" post function in the appropriate workflow transition and change the assignee value to that specific user.

fortumo May 28, 2014

hello, can I set this to assign to the reporter of the fault? WHen an issue is passed into feedback I want it to go back to the reporter to verfiy the fix or provide more info

Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2014

Exactly. You can define the assignee field to be assigned to the reporter on workflow transition.

Aamer Inam: M-3521 September 1, 2014

if i add this post function how would system know whom to assign the issue?

haxizun Name September 14, 2016

How to DO it ? Where can read abut "Update Issue Field" post function ?

Muhammad Akram Sharifi January 4, 2018

@Aamer Inam: M-3521 you can select the person whom you want to assign for him. 

0 votes
Ramesh Dimba April 28, 2014

Never mind, user error... I thought I was in "Edit" but then I was not! :-()

0 votes
Ramesh Dimba April 28, 2014

Looking at the post function, the "add post function" is greyed out and I am logged in as Admin.

Suggest an answer