Automatic add comment by a rule

Truong Dai April 22, 2013

Hi All

I would like setup Jira system can add commend into a task automatically on due date rule, as before due date 2 day, before due date 1 day, or after due date 5 days if does not any update.

I do not know how to do it, or any plugin can help me to do it, please help me

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 vote
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

You can use Script Runner plugin and create a service (see here) which a) searches for the issues you want to comment once a day (like my answer described here) and b) comment these issues (look here for an example on how to create a comment).

Henning

0 votes
Ivan Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2013

Just as Timothy says.

We set comments and change statuses based on a timer in our support portal

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Escalation

Those examples will give you something to base the timer off of and should be helpful in creating what you're looking for.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

You may need to implement this using Jelly Tags.

Suggest an answer