Automatic Roadmap from Planned Sprints

Rudi Louw May 11, 2018

Hi,

We have a need to create an automatic Roadmap type diagram from existing planned sprints at Epic level.

Ideally, we might require horizontal swimlanes based on a specific field (i.e. custom field "Project Name") in the Epic and then vertical lanes based on sprints.

This is not our planning roadmap, so I do not want to update the roadmap directly, it should just be a visualisation of the current planned sprints. We want to use this to ensure that our planned sprints at least align with our planned roadmap between all our different teams.

Thanks in advanced for any assistance.

Rudi

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2018

If you are fine with just the "numbers" to appear in chart then you can use the build-in gadget in jira called "two dimensional filter" and choose "Project Name" as Y axis and Sprint as X-axis and that will give you the number of epics based on project name categorization present in each sprint.  But if you want a more visual chart then I would suggest to try a add-on like "Arsenale dataplane" or eazyBI.  Because creating metrics across sprints in JIRA is not something which is easily achievable by using out of the box features. 

Rudi Louw May 14, 2018

Thank you Tarun,

The Two Dimensional Filter is not really working for my purpose and I've been able to create a type of report in eazyBI to almost meet my need... I then export it to excel and work it a bit until it looks like something I can use. I'll have to get the price into our budget as well at some point.

Maybe just writing my own add-on might be quicker and get me exactly what I require.

Suggest an answer