Automated tickets get generated in open stage for a specific issues type, need to customise fields

Vineet April 28, 2017

Automated tickets get generated in open stage for a specific issues type, need to customise fields...

Lets say I want a field root cause analysis to be mandatory before closing/marking resolved such tickets

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2017

Vineet,

If you have created a custom field "Root Cause" is all you need to do is edit the workflow to make is manditory.  In the workflow on any of the transitions that go to "Resolved" or "Closed" status you will need to edit and a validator.  The validator you will use is "Fields Required".  Just add the Root Cause field and save and publish your workflow.  

You will most likely also have to update the screen that is associated with the transition.  If you make any field required and it is not displayed on the screen then the user will get an error and not be able to transition an issue.

Helpful KB articles:

Brant

Vineet April 28, 2017

Thanks Brant. Actually I m a bit new to it hence request a bit more help...lets say we have many issue types and we want to make root cause mandatory only for one issue type (request) means when an automated ticket comes to this issue type named Request in open state then the person who closes it should first fill the RCA(should be mandatory field for this issue type).

Right now we are not using RCA as mandatory for other issue types.  Please guide me step by step if possible or It would be great if you can provide a number on which I can call and we can solve this at the earliest. It would be a great help.

Thanks 

Vineet

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2017

Vineet,

You would need to follow the steps that I provided above.  For example:

Issue type 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 all currently use the same workflow, workflow A, and RCA is not manditory.  You need issue type 4 to have RCA manditory.  You will need to copy workflow A and name it workflow B.   Assiciate workflow B with issue type 4 in the workflow scheme.  Once this is done then you can update workflow B to have RCA as a required field on the workflow transition.  This will ensure that the RCA is filled in or the issue cannot be resolved.  You can find all of the information you need in the KB articles listed above about workflows and screens.

Thanks
Brant

Suggest an answer