Automated Status Update

Madhu Jella December 1, 2015

Hi Team,

I have created few JIRA tickets which are then cloned and move to other group.

So, my requirement is whenever i update the status of parent ticket and the cloned ticket status also get updated automatically.

I know this can be done through workflows. But can you please provide complete steps to solve this requirement.

Thanks in Advance,

Madhu

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2015

Install an add-on that allows you to do this (update on transition, or the Script Runner for example).  They provide the ability to have post-functions that can follow links and update issues other than the current one.

Madhu Jella December 2, 2015

hi team,

Thanks for the quick reply.

As am very new to JIRA, could you please provide the complete steps to create.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2015

Install the Script Runner add-on from the marketplace Add a new scripted post-function to your transitions Write code in the scripted post-function to read the links on the current issues and update the issues on the other end of the links There's code examples and guidance at https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/quickstart.html

Suggest an answer