Automated Log Work for JIRA

Dan Kimmitt December 16, 2014

I am trying the Automated Log Work for JIRA tool. We have a workflow that goes Open-> Developing Test -> In Progress -> Under Review -> Resolved -> Closed.

Currently, the automatic tracking tool starts tracking time at the developing test phase and stops when we hit resolved. I would like the time to stop tracking when the task goes under review. Does the tool support this? 

I'm an end-user, not a developer or admin. But if there is a resolution i will accelerate it to my admin. 

3 answers

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2015

My first guess would be that the time tracking actions are configured into the workflow post functions. You should be able to modify these by:

1. logging into JIRA as an administrator
  2. navigating to Administration >> Issues >> Workflows
  3. click Edit for the workflow you'd like to modify
  4. choose Text as the editing mode
  5. click the name of a transition
  6. choose the Post Functions tab

This should give you an idea of which post functions to add/remove from the transitions in order to make the changes you're after.

0 votes
Dan Kimmitt February 2, 2015

We installed and have users working with the tool now. I don't know where we are supposed to modify the Resolved and Under Review workflow steps to stop at under review. The automated tool interface offers no customization. Any thoughts?

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2014

Hey Dan,

It looks like that should be possible. Looking at the description given on the Marketplace listing for the add-on:

"In "Automatic" mode (Server version only) time tracking is integrated with JIRA workflow actions. Simply Start/Stop Progress, Resolve, etc. and enjoy automatically tracked work time. All workflows with JIRA default "In Progress" status are supported (including custom workflows and custom transition screens). "

Based on that, it should only be a matter of modifying the 'Resolved' and 'Under Review' workflow steps - remove the stop from 'Resolved' and drop it on 'Under Review' instead.

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer