Automated Log Work for JIRA needs to be incorported as default feature

Eric Jaw November 6, 2014

I can't be the only one here who would like to have a timer button to kick off when beginning work on a story in a Sprint. I would like to know why is this is not already a feature? No developer has the actual time to count the number of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks that they've worked on an story for.

The desired feature appears to be a plug-in that requires a subscription or to be purchased to use. This plug-in needs to be added as a default feature.

The plugin can be found here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.startwork

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2014

I can see why this would be useful for some.  And an unmitigated disaster for others.  

I suspect it's not been implemented because it's not that useful for the majority of JIRA users, and (not insigificant minority) that do need it have written/found the plugin to do it.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2014

There are a great deal of features that are plugins that would make sense to be part of the product.

Suggest an answer