Automate the updating of Feature status according to their Story.

Frenchiz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2024
Hello everyone,

I would like to automate something in Jira and I'm having a little trouble.
Here is my wish:

Trigger: Once a day.
-For all “Feature” to “IN DEV” status. -Check if at least one STORY of the Feature is “IN TS” -If this is the case, change the status of the parent FT to “IN TEST”

thank your for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2024

Hello @Frenchiz 

This is a straight forward rule and if you havent implemented rules before, this is a great way to get started, I will share steps and you implement and share your screenshot if stuck.

• 1. Trigger = Scheduled, choose JQL option on same screen and give JQL as => issuetype = Epic and status = "In Dev"
  • 2. Add Component - If Condition -> JQL search -> JQL = "Parent Link" = {{issue.key}} and status = "In TS"
  • 3. Add Action => Transition Issue => choose "In Test" from dropdown

Note: You have not mentioned if you are in Cloud or Data Center. Depending on version, your If condition in step 2 will be either 

• "Parent Link" = {{issue.key}} and status = "In TS"   <= If Cloud
  • "Epic Link" = {{issue.key}} and status = "In TS"       <= if Data center

Please try and share screenshot if issues. Thanks!

Frenchiz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2024

Thank you for your help, I will test. 

I think I am DATA CENTER because my avatar is in top (FORUM)

A little question, why nott add : JQL = "Parent Link" = {{issue.key}} and status = "In TS" and type = 'Story'

jia.PNG

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2024

@Frenchiz  Yes, def add that clause for story. I missed that part.

So yeah, you are good. save / publish the rule.

If you have a UAT instance you can run the rule as is.

If not, for testing purposes, same rule, change the trigger JQL to a feature key ( key = ABC-123) which is in "In Dev" and its stories are in "In TS".  Run the rule and verify that the rule has transitioned properly.

If looks good, you can replace your JQL and  you are good.

Try it and let me know if issues. If everything looks good, accept answer. Thansk!

Suggest an answer