Automate the population of a JIRA custom field based on selection of other field in Service Desk (Li

Lenka Chabicovska August 3, 2017

Hi guys,

we need to automate the population of a custom field in JIRA - "campaign/non-campaign" based on selection of other field "Family + Global Campaign Name" in Service Desk (Linked issues).

This would be the parameters:
If Family + Global Campaign Name value includes *SLT, *PDX, *ABM, *ESA, *REP then choose "campaign" value in the custom field "campaign/non-campaign" of its Linked issue

If Family + Global Campaign Name values is "none" "non-marketing request" "GSI" "LSI" "OOC" "LOC" then choose "non-campaign"value in the custom field "campaign/non-campaign" of its Linked issue

I did a lot of research, but with no success. Could anyone help please?

Lenka

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

Create a custom post-function in Groovy, using the ScriptRunner add-on. (Your use case isn't that hard, actually.)

Lenka Chabicovska August 3, 2017

Hi Aron!

Thanks a lot! Do you think so? I trust you then :-)

Thing is that I can not write any script, will I be able to create this custom post function in Groovy?

Lenka

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2017

ScriptRunner executes scripts written in the Groovy language.

Even if you cannot write Groovy, they have lots of examples in the add-on documentation. I think you should be able to find something that's relatively close to your problem and tailor that to your needs.

If I were you, I'd look at behaviours: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html

Suggest an answer